Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our First Broken Bone

We finally had our first broken bone. It is a surprise to me too. Trent thinks I play way too rough with the kids and all I ever say to him is" They like it. That is the way I grew up and I never broke anything." But about a week ago he way playing on the couch and threw himself backwards like he often does and for some reason stuck his arm behind him. It was a freak thing, but he broke his elbow.

The worst part was it was on a Saturday and the insta-care had just closed so we had to go to the emergency room. He had to be in a splint until Tuesday. The doctor said that the brake was okay but if he tripped and fell on it that he would for sure have to have surgery. So for 3 day I was right next to him making sure he stayed on his feet. What a chore that was. He is a busy guy.

Needless to say he got his cast and he will have it on for three weeks and then back to normal.
Here are just a few pictures of him with the splint and then the cast.















5 comments:

Bentleys said...

What a tough lil boy! Hope he feels better soon! Such a doll

hoLLY said...

oh what a tough little man!

Jason and Tricia said...

Poor little guy! That first picture where he is crying is sooo sad. I hope he gets feeling better soon!

Cuties on Top said...

OH no!! So sad!! Poor little guy!

Tara Chase said...

Poor little guy that picture is so sad! I can't believe you made it this long with no broken bones. We have not had any yet.