Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Nash In His Bilibed











When Nash was born him red blood cells were out of control. A normal newborns hemoglobin in supposed to be at around a 25 to 30. Nashs was at a 60. So part of the reason we had to stay in the hospital was his body not being able to break down the red blood cells effectively. He had to be on a bilibed for 8 days after he got home. Then I had to take him into the IHC clinic for 8 days in a row to get his blood tested. With 4 kids and just me I wanted to die! But it all worked out and he never had to go back up to the hospital. But it was sad because he had to be in the bed as long as possible and only taken out to feed the put right back in. Sad for the first week home to not get held at all unless I was feeding him. But he was good. I never knew how yellow he was until I looked at these pictures of him. So funny.




No comments: