Thursday, October 16, 2008

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Better late than never but i thought i deleter these pics of Harlee's first day of school. Thank goodness I didn't. I would have felt like the worst mom ever. I guess I am not the worst mom, but just for today. That day was so sad because Preslie just sat and cried and asked every five seconds where Harlee was. She just kept saying that she wanted to go to school and that she would be good. I felt bad for her but I would have been lonely if she had gone to. My sisters and I were talking about when kids go to school and you have so much time all to yourself and how crazy it is because your life gets so much easier. I guess we never think that our life is crazy or even hard for that matter but when we are in the midst of the storm we never realize it until we are out and can see just how wild it was. I am excited for that day but also a little sad because that means our kids don't need us as much. I just hope I teach them all they need to know or that their friends parents taught their kids as hopefully I have. I guess it will be all up to them just like it was for us. I am just lucky to have had the friends I had. They were the best a girl could ask for. I hope my kids will be as lucky as I was growing up. Only time will tell so enjoy every minute because before you know it it is gone.

7 comments:

Bentleys said...

Time? I am even more busy now two of them are in school! They are so sweet! Love your pic you look gorgeous!!!!

Emily said...

I love those little ladies! Dont worry...you and me will just have more kids! No big deal!

The Stucki's said...

I love it Jen!!! YEA you have a blog and your kids are so stinkin' cute!!! Have I sent you a link to mine? E-mail me if not, ky.mom.3@hotmail.com. I miss seeing everyone, when was the last time...Christmas party at your house 3 years ago?! So excited to see you!

Jason and Tricia said...

Aww, Jen. That is so sweet! You're right, we did have the best friends ever, huh? Thanks to you (and many others, but mostly you!) I had a rockin' childhood! lol

Craig Family said...

Okay, I just posted this big long post thing and it erased. AGHH!! SO I will just say I love the picture and love you! Court

Craig Family said...

I love the school pictures. I bet she loves school. I hate letting them go though. You are right to cherish every little moment, smile, hug, smell and mess. One day they'll be grown and I'll have my dream house that is always clean and decorated how I like, but for now, I love the cinderella stickers all over Sophia's wall and the "Camp Rock" poster plastered to Gracie's wall, and the fighter jets scotch taped to Cache's wall (Thanks to your Dad for getting those for him! Uncle Jeff is the fav. around our house with that one).

Cuties on Top said...

Oh my gosh those pics are so dang cute!! Your girls are darling!! That is so cute that they missed eachother!!